We’ve compiled the largest list of problem solving articles, full frank and honest reviews as well as pictures and videos to help you decide on the best quality most durable roof top carrier.
We try to show you the best deals and discounts so you can get the best value around! We do the hard work for you! Throughout the site there are plenty of real reviews by real people that are already owners of a rooftop carrier.
Enjoy your stay and if there’s anything we can help you with don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Easy to adjust
- Will not damage your vehicle
- Heavy-duty platform-style rack mounts on 2-Inch hitch, holds 2 or 4 bikes
- Bikes drop into wheel holders and padded clamps slide down onto frames
- No-wobble/no-tools hitch system with locking pin, 9-Feet security cable
- Folds flat against vehicle when not in use
- Limited warranty against defects
Hollywood racks started in 1973 when we began making trunk-mounted racks in the back of our bike shop in Hollywood, California. Our Aim was simple: we wanted to make good quality products that were easy to use and came fully assembled. We earned a great reputation fast and soon began selling our racks to other bike shops throughout California. By the late ’70s, we began selling our racks to bicycle companies such as Schwinn, Peugeot and nishiki. In 1981, we closed the bike shop and opened a small factory in los angeles, CA to exclusively make car racks, then relocated to a larger facility in 1988. In 1989, we began exporting our products to Europe, and in the 1990’s we expanded our line to include racks for trailer hitches, pickup trucks and spare tires. We have since relocated our offices, R and d and us warehouse to our present facility in the los angeles area with manufacturing in Taiwan. Our products are available in all 50 States and in over 25 countries worldwide.This heavy-duty platform-style rack is designed as a 2 + 2 system so it can be easily converted to hold either two bicycles or four bicycles. It mounts on a 2-inch hitch and folds flat against the back of a vehicle when not in use. The rack uses padded universal top clamps and adjustable wheel holders. Bikes need simply to be dropped into the wheel holders and clamps slid down onto the frames. Velcro wheel straps add security. To prevent rack sway, the hitch system is “no-wobble/no-tools” and includes a locking pin and 9-foot security cable. The rack carries a limited warranty against defects.
About Hollywood Racks
Hollywood Racks started in 1973 when they began making trunk racks in the back of our bike shop in Hollywood, CA. As a retailer, the company knew exactly what people needed: good quality products that were easy to use. They earned a great reputation fast and began selling racks to other dealers, and later to the bike companies. Today, Hollywood Racks builds racks the only way they know how: simple, strong, and secure.
Hollywood Racks are built with top-quality materials including high-strength steel, aircraft-quality fasteners, and thick powder coats to withstand the elements. Generous amounts of padding protect bikes and cars, and all of their products are fully covered with a limited warranty. The company’s products continue to receive accolades from all the major outdoor sports magazines, and are in demand by everyone from recreational cycling families to weekend warriors to race teams on the road and off.
List Price: $ 443.99
Price: $ 399.59
- Fastens to any vehicle with rain gutters
- Manufactured from heavy gauge steel with a durable black powder coat finish
- 5 1/2 inch high gutter mount adapters comes as a set of 4 adapters
- Refer to application guide for fit
- Works with the Safari and Urban Rack
Fastens to any vehicle with rain gutters (see application guide). Durable black powder coat finish. Adapters are 5-1/2 inch high.
List Price: $ 105.99
Price: $ 105.99
Find More Mount Rack Products
- Adjustable arms for various bike heights and styles
- Compact storage – sides fold up when not in use
- Threaded shank prevents wobble
- Tilts down for rear vehicle access
New for 2013 are Curt Manufacturing’s hitch-mounted tray-style bike racks. The 18084 bike rack offers an easy and convenient solution for transporting your bikes. This bike rack carries two bikes and up to 90 lbs. with either a 1 1/4″ or 2″ shank. The padded arms easily adjust to fit men’s, women’s, or kid’s size bikes. The tilt away feature allows for rear vehicle access while the bike rack attached to your vehicle. The threaded shank adds stability and prevents wobble while the bike rack is in use. The sides of the rack fold up when not in use, creating a sleek product behind your vehicle. Please keep in mind, any Curt bike rack used with a 1 1/4″ receiver tube requires the use of a support strap (Curt 18050). Failure to use a support strap will void the warranty of the trailer hitch and / or bike rack.
List Price: $ 278.60
Price: $ 133.99
Find More Mount Rack Products
- No-Wobble hitch pin attaches the rack to hitch receiver for a stable hold
- Bikes attach easily to the rack and rubber padding protects the finish
- Tilts down for rear vehicle access
- DO NOT install on a trailer or other towed vehicle
SportRack SR2603 3 Bike Tilting Hanging Hitch Rack: No-Wobble hitch pin attaches the rack to hitch receiver for a stable hold
List Price: $ 169.95
Price: $ 169.95
- Everything in one package; load bars, hooks, locks and every part required: ready to install
- Fits most of todays most popular vehicles
- Adaptability of all accessories (bikes, skis, kayaks)
SportRack SR1020 Camp Trailer Rack System. Everything in one package; load bars, hooks, locks and every part required: ready to install.
List Price: $ 169.95
Price: $ 169.95
- 100% computerized hydraulic testing is implemented for proper flow, leakage and performance to ensure perfect fit and function
- Rack & Pinion units feature all new seals and O-rings
- In cases where sleeves are installed, CARDONE utilizes a special quad-bond process to ensure sleeves will never shift
- Every unit 100% tested for quality and reliability
A1 Cardone Rack and Pinion Gears are designed to render quality performance. These gears function to convert rotational motion into linear motion. They units which are commonly found in the steering mechanism feature a variable rack so as to improve vehicle response and steering ability especially at high speeds. These facilitate easy installation and are maintenance free.
List Price: $ 84.83
Price: $ 99.94
Find More Snow Rack Products
- Lashing strap tie-down with pinch buckle
- Break strength of 600-Pound and a safe working load of 200-Pound
- Provides a fast lock, along with a simple release
- Measures 1-Inch by 9 feet
CargoBuckle Lashing Strap tie-down with pinch buckle provides a fast lock, along with a simple release for quick and easy adjustment. It has a break strength of 600-Pound and a safe working load of 200-Pound. The strap measures 1-Inch by 9 feet. CargoBuckle Brand Tie-Down Systems offer high quality, innovative solutions for securing and towing gear in the powersports, automotive, hardware, material handling and assisted living markets. From innovative retractable tie-down systems to custom strap assemblies, CargoBuckle products provide the utmost in durability and convenience.
List Price: $ 7.99
Price: $ 2.99
- Direct fit replacement unit
- Unit features Dorman engineered quality enhancements
- Backed by Dorman’s limited lifetime warranty
Dorman is a leading supplier of exclusive automotive replacement parts, automotive hardware and brake products to the automotive aftermarket. These products are often re-engineered with improvements for better reliability compared to the original part. Additional components needed for a complete repair are typically included as kits with Dorman parts. Dorman also helps reduce repair cost by providing the option to replace just the failed piece, not the assembly. Dorman takes pride in the quality of their products and in your satisfaction.
List Price: $ 64.45
Price: $ 24.91
- Wall-mount bike rack; stores 2 bikes
- Folds flat when not in use
- Shelf for helmet, lock, and accessory storage
- Easy installation with provided hardware
- Solid steel and coated with a durable epoxy finish for rust resistance
Tired of leaning those bikes against the wall? Hang two of them on this wall-mounted folding bike rack from Racor for easy access and safer storage. When the rack isn’t being used, it folds down and out of the way so you don’t bump it when you walk by. A handy shelf feature is perfect for storing shoes or helmets. Easy for kids to use, the unit is made of solid steel and coated with a durable epoxy finish for rust resistance. No assembly required, the rack installs quickly to the wall with the included hardware.
List Price: $ 32.00
Price: $ 19.95
Related Mount Rack Products
- Hitch insert fits 2″ receiver hitches
- Quick set carry arms “snap” into place right out of the box
- Dual compound tie-down cradles & quick set straps individually secure and protect bicycles
- Internal tilt-away release allows for easy lift gate access
- No-wobble bolt(s) eliminates movement of rack inside of hitch
Allen Sports’ Premier Hitch Mounted 4-bike carrier mounts quickly and easily to your 2″ trailer hitch. The arms “snap” into place right out of the box. Allen’s new dual-compound cradle system securely holds your bicycles in place and the rack’s large padded Spine Shield protects your bicycles as well. In addition to the easy folding arms on this rack, the new innovative internal tilt-away release makes it a snap to access your vehicle’s rear lift gate. The powder-coated rack installs in just minutes with a no-wobble bolt and an integrated locking loop offers a place to secure your bikes.
List Price: $ 269.99
Price: $ 158.64
More Mount Rack Products
- 150 pounds break strength
- Solid core polyester rope
- Coated hooks
- Patented rope lock tie down
- Rope measures 1/4 inches x 8 feet
XRT means extreme rope technology, and is simple and easy to use. This patented device uses specially designed ribs to lock the rope inside the wheel hub and is easily tightened with one hand. The ratchet feature on the wheel set lock the rope and prevents unwanted tension loss. A simple thumb operated release trigger disengages the ratchet lock to unwind, when you desire. Precision injection molded housing resists corrosion in extreme weather conditions.
List Price: $ 8.99
Price: $ 6.99